Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre announced seven individuals were charged with DWI offenses from Friday, March 17 through Sunday, March 19. Of those, one was charged with a third DWI offense, two were charged with a second offense, and four were charged with their first offense.
At around 1:45 a.m. on Saturday, March 18, deputies patrolling near the 2000 block of LA Highway 3185 in Thibodaux initiated a traffic stop and identified the driver as Benjamin Thibodeaux (age 34) of Thibodaux. Because he was exhibiting signs of possible impairment, deputies conducted a field sobriety test on which Thibodeaux performed poorly. He submitted to a breathalyzer test which showed him to have a blood alcohol level of 0.162g%. He was arrested and transported to the Lafourche Parish Detention Center in Thibodaux where he was booked with DWI (3rd Offense) and Careless Operation of a Motor Vehicle. He was released after posting $10,100 bond.
The following individuals were also charged with DWI offenses over the weekend:
- Terry Price Jr. (age 58) of Bayou Blue – DWI (2nd Offense), Switched Plates, no turn signal, driving under suspension
- Cody Bourgeois (age 31) of Raceland – DWI (2nd Offense), driving left of center, improper lane usage
- Clayton Matthews (age 26) of New Roads – DWI (1st Offense), speeding, improper lane usage
- Leobardo Diaz-Serna (age 33) of Thibodaux – DWI (1st Offense), speeding
- Maria Fernanda (age 21) of Schriever – DWI (1st Offense), improper lane usage
- Francisco Chaco (age 37) of Thibodaux – DWI (1st Offense), no driver’s license, improper lane usage