Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre has announced a series of Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) courses to be held over the next three months. This self-defense course is designed exclusively for women and will take place over the course of three consecutive evenings. Class will begin at 6 p.m. and end around 9:30 p.m., and participants must attend all three nights of the course. Course instruction will be provided by certified R.A.D. instructions from the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Here are the dates of the three courses and the deadline to sign up for each:
- Raceland – March 21, 22, and 23
- LOCATION: LPSO Range Facility, 3451 Highway 182
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 18 at 11 a.m.
- Cut Off – April 25, 26, and 27
- LOCATION: The Learning Center at Lady of the Sea Hospital, 200 West 134th Place
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, April 22 at 11 a.m.
- Thibodaux – May 23, 24, and 25
- LOCATION: LPSO Training Academy, 1300 Lynn Street
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, May 20 at 11 a.m.
The cost of the course is $10 to cover the cost of course materials. Class size is limited, and advance registration is required. You can register online through our website at www.LPSO.net/RADsignup. Payment cannot be made through the sign up form. Please send payment by mail, along with your name, address and phone number to: Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office, Attn: DeAnn Barrios, P.O. Box 5608, Thibodaux, LA 70302. Please make checks payable to the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office.
For more information, please contact DeAnn Barrios at (985) 449-4436 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.