The Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office will offer a Concealed Handgun Training Course on Saturday, March 22 at the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office Shooting Range Facility located at 3451 Highway 182 in Raceland. Class will begin at 8:00 a.m. and last until approximately 5:00 p.m. with a break for lunch. The actual ending time will vary due to class size.
Each course will include the following:
- One hour of instruction on handgun nomenclature and safe handling procedures of a revolver and semi-automatic pistol.
- One hour of instruction on ammunition knowledge and fundamentals of pistol shooting.
- Three hours of instruction on the use of deadly force and conflict resolution.
- (Includes a review of R.S. 14:18 through 14:22 and which may include a review of any other laws relating to the use of deadly force)
- One hour of instruction on handgun shooting positions.
- One hour of instruction on child access prevention.
- Two hours of actual live range fire and proper handgun cleaning procedures. Live range fire shall include 12 rounds each at 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet for a total of 36 rounds.
- Must perform at least one safe reload of the handgun at each distance.
- Must score 100% hits within the silhouette portion of a NRA B-27 type silhouette target with at least 36 rounds.
The cost for the course is $110, and advance registration is suggested due to limited class size. This course is a pre-requisite for those applying for a Concealed Handgun Permit from the State of Louisiana. CLICK HERE to register for this course, or for more information, please contact Sgt. David Robichaux at (985) 438-7873 or by email at email@example.com.